Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Need help with a Hank Williams song...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sickboyking79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Ever since I heard Johnny Cash's rendition of Hank Williams Sr's "On The Evening Train", I've been searching for it for months and yet not have found it.
    Does anyone here happen to have it or know where to get it?...Any help would be appreciated. Thank you before!

    Rick

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kustom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmm I got a bunch of old Hank stuff, let me take a look and see tonight

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good Question. I can't find it either. Seems like it was written for Molly O'Day. If you find it I'd like to hear a Hank Sr. version too.

    http://www.countrymusichalloffame.co....aspx?cid=200#

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mattSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2006
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You may be out of luck. It looks like it was never recorded except on songsheet/book.

    I went through some of Hank's 78's and singles collection and drew a blank. Molly O'Day (& the Cumberland Mountain Folks) was one of the first few artists to cover & record Hank's songs.

    I should have 'googled' first, but it was fun listening to Hank again.
    Check this out here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/country/hanksr/songwriter.htm

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 21, 2007 04:49 AM: Message edited by: scuffed 8ball ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sickboyking79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    well appreciate all yer help...guess i'll just have to keep listening to Johnny's rendition. Would've been nice to hear it sung by Hank himself. Thanks again!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kustom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I finally got a change to go thru my stuff, dont have it either, sorry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •